New Downloadable Section on Beyond Lean
If you look at the page links above you will see that a new page that has been added labeled Downloads.
Currently there is only one file there with plans to add more. The first file is a skills matrix template. My intent is not for it to be a template to fill in skills for people learn. I want it to be a tool that can be helpful to understanding lean and facilitated conversations.
Here is the template. There are five worksheets in the template.
- SWI – Intent of Use – This is meant to explain the best way I have learned to use the skill matrix. It tries to answer the questions of what is the purpose of the skill matrix and how to use it. It also, gives a standard operating procedure to go about using it.
- Profile – Skills – This sheet is a place to list the different roles in an organization across the top and set the goal for the ideal rating for that role against the skills listed down the side. This will help to describe the gap to be closed during the learning process.
- Assessment – Skills – This sheet is where the names of the individuals are listed and rated for each skill. Just shade in the appropriate boxes to rate an individual.
- Ratings – Skills – This sheet has a definition of what the ratings are.
- Development Plan – This sheet is where you can list the skill to improve, the target rating to achieve, and a plan to achieve it. Under the Name column, either a specific person’s name can go there or you can enter ‘Group’ that shows this is something the entire group is working on improving.
Please feel free to download and use it. Any feedback on the ease and clarity of use would be appreciated.